Full equality for women and LGBTQIA+ people
Ensure protection against discrimination and violence on the basis of gender and sexuality and enforce consequences for anyone who violates human and civil rights laws, including police, politicians and the rich. Create community-based task forces trained in de-escalation and survivor-centered practices. Take action against landlords and employers for discrimination, wage theft and abuse. Close the wage gap and end workplace discrimination. Provide government-funded services and resources to women and the LGBTQIA+ community. Create public education programs, media campaigns and school curriculum to combat transphobia and homophobia. Offer free childcare to all families. Stop all attacks on women and trans people’s autonomy over their bodies. Offer full access to neccessary healthcare, including abortions and gender affirming procedures.
- The capitalist system needs sexism, homophobia and transphobia to function. The oppression of women and LGBTQIA+ people is one of the many methods used by the ruling class to keep workers divided and justify the violence committed against them. Through years of organized resistance, working and oppressed people have won human and civil rights laws meant to protect against discrimination and violence. However, we experience how these laws are not justly or widely protected and enforced and are under constant attack by the opposition.
- The police and courts fail to protect and serve justice because these institutions are used to protect those in power and their ability to exploit and control ordinary people. Many people within the criminal justice system have directly perpetuated violence against women and LGBTQIA+ and have faced no consequences for their actions. Around the country, thousands upon thousands of rape kits go untested in police stations. We know there is no justice in a sexist system, except for the justice we win when we organize and put pressure on the government. Our program is committed to making every effort to abolish and correct the wrongs of all sexist, homophobic and transpobic oppression.
- Ensure and enforce protection against discrimination and violence on the basis of gender and sexuality.
- Justly enforce consequences for anyone who violates human and civil rights laws. Police, politicians and the rich should not be above the law. Victims must be heard, supported and given justice swiftly. Instead of relying on the police to intervene, often causing more escalation and danger, we will create community-based task forces of specialized professionals trained in de-escalation, trauma-informed and survivor-centered practices to respond to these situations.
- Take action against landlords and employers for discrimination, wage theft and abuse.
- Close the wage gap and end workplace discrimination.
- Provide government-funded services and resources to women and the LGBTQIA+ community, such as emergency and permanent housing, safe communal spaces, training and education, specialized health care and jobs.
- Create public education programs, media campaigns, and school curriculum to spread information and combat existing homophobic, transphobic and sexist propaganda.
- Offer free child care to all families.
- Stop all attacks on women and trans people’s autonomy over their bodies. Offer full access to neccessary health care, including abortions and gender affirming procedures.