Full rights for all immigrants
Fight to abolish all anti-immigration laws. Stop the raids and deportations. Pass a relief bill for immigrants in NYC. Ensure access to quality housing to immigrant families. Equip all schools with bilingual education teachers for English Language Learners. Take action against bosses who fail to pay workers, pay workers less than minimum wage or threaten any worker with deportation. Grant voting rights to residents of NYC regardless of documentation status.
- With over 3.1 million immigrants, over half a million who are undocumented, New York City is run by immigrant labor. During the COVID-19 pandemic, it was immigrants who were forced to put their lives on the line so that we would have access to essential needs. Immigrants not only continued working as underpaid frontline workers but also were excluded from any of the little government relief that was provided. Giving all New Yorkers full rights, regardless of their legal status, ensures that no one in our communities lives in fear or in the shadows.
- Abolish all anti-immigration laws. We will fight to stop the raids and deportations and demonization of immigrants in NYC and create a model for all other states to follow. Immigrants are the primary essential workers of NYC, and the true heroes of the COVID-19 pandemic and received no relief. We will pass a relief bill for immigrants in NYC to make up for the xenophobic denial of aid from the federal government.
- Ensure access to quality housing to immigrant families. Due to a lack of documentation and general housing discrimination, immigrant families are forced to live in inadequate housing. We will work diligently to create laws allowing immigrants access.
- Immigrant students are all to often not offered the language support needed to excel academically. We will ensure that each school is equipped with the necessary bilingual-education teachers to fulfill the needs of english-language learners.
- We will take action against bosses who fail to pay workers, pay workers less than minimum wage, or threaten any worker with deportation.
- Grant voting rights to residents of NYC regardless of documentation status.